Established in 2011, the Australian Infectious Diseases Research Centre is a multidisciplinary network based at The University of Queensland, and the QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute.
Associate Professor Mark Coulthard
Associate Professor Mark Coulthard is President of the Paediatric Society of Queensland Inc.
His research interests include the role of Eph/ephrin proteins in vascular leak in sepsis/SIRS, on line interactive medical education, and telemedicine for the remote management of critically ill children.
1. Coulthard MG, Morgan M, Woodruff TM, Arumugam TV, Taylor SM, Carpenter TC, Lackmann M, Boyd AW. Eph/Ephrin signaling in injury and inflammation. Am J Pathol. 2012 Nov;181(5):1493-503.
2. Smith AC, White MM, McBride CA, Kimble RM, Armfield NR, Ware RS, Coulthard MG. Multi-site videoconference tutorials for medical students in Australia. ANZ J Surg. 2012 Oct;82(10):714-9.
3. Coulthard MG, Long, DA, Ullman AJ, Ware RS. Post-operative fluid therapy in children. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2012 Jun;97(6):491-6
4. Morgan M, Woodruff TM, Taylor SM, Arumugam TV, Roberts JA, Lipman J, Dorofaeff TF, Coulthard MG. Using microdialysis to understand fluid shifts in sepsis: validation of an animal model. In: Abstract of the Sixth World Congress on Pediatric Critical Care. Sixth World Congress on Pediatric Critical Care One World Sharing Knowledge, Sydney, Australia, 13–17 March 2011. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2011 Vol. 12, No. 3 (Suppl): A72.
5. Kleinman ME, de Caen AR, Chameides L, Atkins DL, Berg RA, Berg MD, Bhanji F, Biarent D, Bingham R, Coovadia AH, Hazinski MF, Hickey RW, Nadkarni VM, Reis AG, Rodriguez-Nunez A, Tibballs J, Zaritsky AL, Zideman D; Pediatric Basic and Advanced Life Support Chapter Collaborators. Part 10: Pediatric basic and advanced life support: 2010 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science with Treatment Recommendations. Circulation 2010 Oct 19;122(16 Suppl 2):S466-515.
6. Coulthard MG, Duffy SL, Herath NI, Yeadon TM, Spanevello MD, McCarron JK, Carter JC, Kay GF, Tonks ID, Phillips, GE, Boyd AW. EphA1 reporter knockout mice demonstrate restricted EphA1 expression in epithelial tissues and developmental defects of the tail and female genital tract genesis (The Journal of Genetics and Development) 2008; 46: 553- 561
7. Coulthard MG, Duffy SL, Down ML, Evans B, Power M, Kleikamp S, Smith F, Stylianou C, Oates A, Lackmann M, Burns GF, Boyd AW. The role of eph-ephrin signalling system in the regulation of developmental patterning. The International Journal of Developmental Biology 2002; 46:375-384
8. Coulthard MG, Lickliter JD, Subanesan N, Chen K, Webb GC, Lowry AL, Koblar S, Bottema CDK, Boyd AW. Characterisation of the EphA1 receptor tyrosine kinase:expression in epithelial tissues. Growth Factors 2001; 18(4):303-317
9. Coulthard MG, Swindle J, Gerard RD, Meidell Rs, Munford RS. Adenovirus-mediated transfer of a gene encoding acyloxylacyl hydrolase (AOAH) into mice increases tissue and plasma AOAH activity. Infection and Immunity 1996; 64(5):1510-1515
10. Varley AW, Coulthard MG, Gerard RD, Meidell RS, Munford RS. Inflammation-induced recombinant protein expression in vivo using promoters from acute phase protein genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci, USA 1995; 92:5346-5350